12th plenary meeting in Beijing, China (November, 2011)
Summary of important decisions
- ISO/TC 223 notes that BSI will relinquish its leadership of WG 2 and requests the TC secretariat to circulate a call for a new convenor. Ms Norma McCormick and BSI have kindly agreed to lead WG 2 until a new convenor has been appointed.
- ISO/TC 223 notes that ISO 22300 is ready for FDIS ballot and requests WG 2 to continue to coordinate terminology issues for the committee.
- ISO/TC 223 agrees that WG 2 will coordinate the involvement of the committee in the ISO/CS initiative on "User friendly standards."
- ISO/TC 223 agrees that ISO 22351 will be developed to become a full ISO standard instead of a Technical Specification as indicated in the approved new work item proposal.
- ISO/TC 223 notes that the Advisory Group has not formed any recommendations and requests the group to report at the next plenary meeting. In order to make the process more efficient, a task force has been formed within the advisory group with six representatives and equal participation from developed and developing countries (UK, USA, Sweden, Trinidad & Tobago, Malaysia and South Africa). The purpose is to continue the original intent of the advisory group. Mr Anthony Kesten will lead the task force.
- ISO/TC 223 notes that ISO 22315 on Mass evacuation has been approved as a NWIP. The organisation has not been resolved and ISO/TC 223 requests BSI together with the WG 3 convenor and the TC secretariat to recommend a solution.