17th plenary meeting in Lucerne, Switzerland (June 2-6, 2014)
Summary of important decisions
- ISO/TC 223 resolves to establish the following Ad Hoc Groups for Studies as follows: Information exchange Roger Holfeldt (SE) WG 1 Professional development Kenji Watanabe (JP) WG 1 Revision of ISO 22320 Staffan Strömbäck (SE) WG 3 Continuity management for SME guidance Prel. Eric Bekaert (FR) WG 4ISO/TC 223 fundamentally objects to the NWIP
- ISO/TC 262, N137, Risk Management – Managing Disruption Related Risk, as it covers the same scope and its proposed approach is in conflict with the published standards ISO 22301:2012 and ISO 22313:2013.
- ISO/TC 223 requests WG 2 to develop an internal document to describe how to gain maximum benefit from our User Friendly Standards initiative. WG 2 accepts the task of preparing this Guide with a target date of September, 2014, for completion of the first draft.
- ISO/TC 223 requests a Task Force to initiate a study on possible cooperation with the following UN agencies: UNISDR, UN-HABITAT and UNECE on the activities outlined in document ISO/TC 223 N 510.
- ISO/TC 223 appoints Mr Stefan Tangen as Convenor of the Communication Group.