ISO/TC 292 has the following objectives:
• Assess the needs of the international community for standards to be developed within the scope of this committee – the approach will be demand driven by market needs and contributions from national standards bodies
• Ensure standards developed by TC are needed, practical, user friendly and capable of being integrated into other systems and practices
• Support the interests of public and private sectors in creating solutions through international standards – while respecting competing interests of stakeholders.
• Create standards that enhance awareness and capabilities to security and/or resilience of affected organizations and individuals.
• Develop standards that enhance national and international trade through increased reliability of supply chains and business interactions.
• Develop standards which could provide requirements and guidance to entities that wish to manage security and resilience.
• Develop standards that enhance organizations’ agility, flexibility and adaptive capacity in an ever changing environment.
• Create a recognized and neutral body of work and expertise in a critical area of commerce and establish a forum of international expertise to build consensus focused solutions
• Leverage cooperation with other standardization organizations in developing comprehensive and effective solutions through standards.
• Compile terminology respecting the diverse disciplines within the scope of ISO/TC 292.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive work programme and road map for all areas of standardization in ISO/TC 292.
• Regularly solicit feedback from end users.