1st plenary meeting in Morioka (March 9-13, 2015)
The first plenary meeting of ISO/TC 292 was held in Morioka, Japan between March 9 to 13, 2015.
Summary of important decisions
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to the following revised title: Security and resilience
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to the following revised scope: Standardization in the field of security to enhance the safety and resilience of society. Excluded: Sector specific security projects developed in other relevant ISO committees.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to establish an interim structure to ensure the continuity of TC 292 portfolio of work.
- ISO/TC 292 requests its secretariat to circulate the interim structure, including the title and scope of the temporary working groups, for approval through a 2 month committee internal ballot and a call for convenors and secretaries of Working Groups, the Developing Countries Contact Group and the Communication Group.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to establish an Ad Hoc Group to assist the ISO/TC 292 secretary in the development of a draft ISO/TC 292 Strategic business plan and instructs the ISO/TC 292 secretariat to circulate a call for participation.ISO/TC 292 agrees on the following working definition of the term security: state of being free from danger or threat (Source: Oxford English Dictionary)
- ISO/TC 292 encourages its Working Groups to use the common definitions in ISO Guide 73 and ISO/IEC Directives Part 1 Annex SL
- ISO/TC 292 asks the Communication Group to review the document numbers and titling of its existing and future documents.
- ISO/TC 292 accepts the proposal from France to initiate a revision of ISO 22311 Societal Security – Video Surveillance – Export Interoperability
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to extend the mandate of the Ad Hoc Group to prepare a New Work Item Proposal for ballot under the name “Developing competencies for TC 292 standards.”
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to establish an Ad Hoc Group on ”Business Complexity Assessment
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to extend the mandate for the Ad Hoc Group on Business Continuity Management for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises and requests the Group to report back to ISO/TC 292 at its next plenary meeting.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to extend the mandate of the Ad Hoc Group on Information Exchange in Partnering Arrangements to prepare a New Work Item Proposal for ballot.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees on a Task Force at TC 292 level be established to explore opportunities within the area of disaster risk reduction and supporting implementation of various of frameworks and programs developed by the United Nations.