4th Plenary, Jeju (24-28 April, 2017)
The 4th plenary meeting was held at the Hidden Cliff hotel on Jeju island, Korea together with all its working groups. Around 100 delegates representing 21 countries participated in the meeting.
Summary of important decisions
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to revise ISO 22313:2012 Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Guidance, and allocates the work to ISO/TC 292 WG 2 Continuity and organizational resilience under an 18 month development track to commence in September 2017 and appoints Malcolm Cornish (UK) as Project Leader for the revision.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to register a PWI on “Framework and principles for methodologies on urban resilience” and to allocate the work on the PWI to the ISO/TC 292 UN Coordination Group.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to register a PWI on “Public Private Partnership (PPP) based on local resilience enhancement to contribute to sustainable development” and to establish an Ad Hoc Group on Public Private Partnership (PPP) based on local resilience enhancement to contribute to sustainable development and instructs the secretariat to circulate a call for participation and contributions. ISO/TC 292 agrees to appoint Kenji Watanabe as rapporteur.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to register a PWI on “Protective security: Basic elements for organizations”.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to hand over the report and findings of the AHG on Overarching resilience document to ISO/TC 292 WG 1 Terminology.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to establish an Ad Hoc Group to provide a Road map and to appoint Brian Roylett as rapporteur.
- ISO/TC 292 agrees to establish liaisons with the following committees:
- ISO/PC 308 Chain of custody
- ISO/TC 122 Packaging